A Six-Week Program
- Interested in learning what mindfulness is and how it can benefit you?
- Curious to learn how mindfulness can fit into your life?
- Hesitant to commit to a longer program?
- Eager to explore a variety of practices in a condensed format?
- Wishing for a mindfulness refresher?
Then our Introduction to Mindfulness course may be right for you.
You may have heard about the benefits of mindfulness in reducing stress and increasing resilience. It’s been quite a hot topic in the media and is being integrated into a wide variety of settings, including healthcare, K-12 schools, workplaces, professional sports teams, governmental agencies, the military, even prisons. The benefits of bringing mindfulness into both work and life are increasingly being recognized, and research is supporting what millions of people already know. That being more awake in our own lives allows us to see the beautiful and the challenging as they arise in the moment. In turn, this awareness helps us appreciate the positives and respond intentionally to the difficult.
Walk a mindful path with us…
- Be more present and aware in both work & home lives,
- Reduce auto-pilot reactivity in stressful situations,
- Enhance attention and connection in interpersonal communication,
- Offer yourself kindness and compassion in times of challenge,
- Find more happiness in everyday life.
In six weekly 90-minute classes, our Certified teachers will guide you in practicing various types of mindfulness meditations and will show you how you can incorporate mindfulness into your daily life. This course will introduce new topics and practices in every class, including:
- Sitting Meditation
- Body Scan Meditation
- Mindful Movement
- Mindful Eating
- Mindful Walking
- Threat Reactivity & Stress Management
- The Neuroscience of Mindfulness
- Taming Digital Distractions
- Mindful Communication
- Mindful Self-compassion
This program provides you with a good foundation to participate in the more comprehensive 8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction and Mindful Self-Compassion programs offered at the UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness.
After this program, participants will be able to:
- Explain what mindfulness is and what benefits arise from the practice;
- Utilize a wide range of mindfulness practices;
- Describe how their thoughts and core beliefs dictate their stress reactivity, and how mindfulness facilitates self-management of that reactivity;
- Explain where and why mindfulness is beneficial in the workplace;
- Apply mindfulness practices into both work and life.
This program is suitable for beginners as well as those seeking a refresher.
Location: UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness
Cost: $200 (or $175 if you pay in full 30 days prior to the start of class)
NOTE: We recommend that if your schedule will not allow you to attend the first session, or prevents from attending any two sessions of the course, that you consider waiting until the next offering of the program.
UC SAN DIEGO HEALTH EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT
We have partnered with the UC San Diego Health Employee Wellness Program. UCSD Health Employees are eligible for a yearly subsidy of up to $210 for any of our programs. Learn more here!
Continuing Education Credits
Continuing education credits are awarded in the following categories: American
Psychological Association and Board of Registered Nursing.
Psychologists: UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness maintains responsibility for this program and its content. 6.0 Credit.
California licensed MFTs, LPCCs, LEPs, LCSWs: This activity is an approved continuing education program by the American Psychological Association. 6.0 Credit may be applied to your license renewal through the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Nurses: UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing to sponsor continuing education. Provider Number CEP16351. 7.0 Credit.
Continuing Education Guidelines
Participation: To qualify for CE credit, you must have paid all fees in full and attended all classes.
Procedures: To receive continuing education credit, you must enter your license information on the personal information page on the online registration form. You must sign in each week. At the end of the program, complete the online course evaluation form. Failure to submit all fees and complete the evaluation at the conclusion of the course will disqualify you from receiving CE credit. Upon completion of the online evaluation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in order to receive a CE Certificate.
CE Fee: $15