This Tofu Scramble recipe is a delicious way to incorporate a ton of colorful vegetables into your meals. It makes a fantastic breakfast as-is, or wrap it up in a lettuce leaf or healthy whole-grain wrap for lunch!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced very fine
- 1 stalk of celery, diced fine
- ½ head of purple cabbage, chopped fine
- 2 ears of corn (if in season, otherwise omit)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 block of tofu
- ⅓ cup of water
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Adobo spice blend (and/or curry powder)
- Tamari (gluten-free) soy sauce, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Olive, Avocado, Walnut, or Almond oil
- Place onion and pinch of sea salt in a lightly oiled, preheated skillet, and sauté until translucent.
- Spread tofu and spices (turmeric, garlic, spice blend) on top. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Pour in water, bring to a boil, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add green onion with herbs.
- Flavor with tamari and simmer for a few more minutes until water is evaporated. Serve immediately.