Polenta is often overlooked as a nutritional powerhouse, but with its versatile characteristics, it can be served so many ways. For example, add a dash of cinnamon and one teaspoon of orange, lemon or lime zest for a delightful breakfast. Or you can enjoy for lunch or dinner with a pile of sautéed dark leafy greens on top!
- 2 cups polenta, rinsed
- 3 cups non-dairy milk
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1 tablespoon umeboshi plum vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized pot.
- Heat over medium flame until polenta begins to bubble.
- Turn on low and whisk frequently until polenta starts to thicken, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Serve as-is for a creamy side dish, or pour into casserole dish and let cool, bake for 10 minutes in preheated 350 degrees F oven, and then cut into squares. Enjoy!