It’s Breast-Cancer Awareness Month, reminding us to honor our bodies and our loved ones with nourishing food. Try this fruity berry and coconut overnight oatmeal that is easy to prepare and will get your day going the right way! Simply leave the mix in the refrigerator overnight for a healthy, whole-grain, antioxidant-rich breakfast in the morning. Top it with fresh nuts, coconut flakes, or any other toppings of your choice to add to the hearty texture of your oatmeal!
- ⅓ cup oats (rolled oats or steel cut oats)
- ½ cup coconut or other non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ¼ cup vanilla non-dairy yogurt
- 1 teaspoon coconut flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried berries of choice (cherries, raspberries)
- 2 teaspoon chopped walnuts
- Spices: cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, cardamom, lemon zest (choose your favorite)
- Add oats to a sealable container (e.g. glass container or mason jar).
- Stir milk, maple syrup, and yogurt into oats. Add any spices like cinnamon if you’d like!
- Add in half of the coconut and berries.
- Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with the remaining coconut, cranberries, and nuts, and enjoy!