Centers for Integrative Health
Established in 2011, the UC San Diego Centers for Integrative Health supports whole-person health care guided by the mind-body-spirit connection. Our Centers foster innovative research, education, and clinical programs that have inspired an inside-out transformation of health care.
Administratively housed in the School of Medicine and Department of Family Medicine, the Centers for Integrative Health articulate with every department and division across UC San Diego, have a presence at more than a dozen clinical locations across San Diego, and have acclaimed national and international programs. The Centers for Integrative Health include:
- The Center for Integrative Medicine provides integrative physician consults, osteopathic manual medicine, acupuncture/Chinese medicine, massage, jin shin jyutsu, integrative nutrition, integrative shared medical visits, and mindful health coaching for more than 15,000 patient visits per year across 12 clinical locations and UC San Diego hospitals.
- The Krupp Center for Integrative Research is one of the most robust integrative health research programs in the U.S. thanks to a generous gift from Richard N. Krupp (1930-2015). It supports and administers various independent research projects as well as practice-based research in the areas of integrative nutrition, natural medicine, lifestyle medicine, and integrative public health.
- The Center of Excellence for Research and Training in Integrative Health works closely with the Krupp Center for Integrative Research, supporting research excellence and collaboration in integrative health within UC San Diego and across the greater San Diego region.
- The Center for Mindfulness was among the first university-based centers around the world devoted solely to the teaching and study of mindfulness. The Center has more than 20 instructors teaching courses to more than 500 participants per year. It has also participated in numerous research projects and publications.
- The Center for Integrative Nutrition houses state-of-the-art professional training, clinical care, and rigorous research in integrative nutrition and natural medicine. Services include personal healing through the use of food-as-medicine, targeted natural therapeutics, and the creation and management of dietary interventions for many high-profile research projects.
- The Center for Integrative Education oversees integrative educational programs for medical students, residents and the community, continuing education for health professionals, and numerous outreach activities.