Here’s a little twist to your traditional sloppy Joe recipe! These vegan burgers have the amazing texture of a meaty, beef version because of the chopped cauliflower and beefy crumbles to give your mouth every bit of satisfaction. Together with the perfect combination of spices, this dish is perfect to serve on any occasion. Happy Veteran’s Day!
- 1/2 of a head of cauliflower – stem removed
- 2 teaspoons of avocado oil
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic – minced
- 1 – 26 ounce can of strained tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 2 and 1/4 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of liquid smoke
- 3/4 teaspoon of celery salt
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 – 11 ounce package of Beyond Meat beefy crumbles
- Put a steamer basket in a pot and fill with water until it touches the top of the basket. About 3 inches of water. Bring the water to a boil and put the cauliflower in and cover.
- Steam for 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is easily pierced with a fork. Let the cauliflower cool and then finely chop it.
- In a large skillet heat the oil on medium heat and spread evenly throughout the pan. Add the onions and cook until soft and transparent. Stir often.
- Add the strained tomatoes, tomato paste, and seasonings to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the cauliflower, and stir frequently until it’s reduced and thick.
- Add the Beyond Meat crumbles and stir to combine well. Cook for 3 minutes.