Make your own granola at home to top on acai bowls, smoothies, yogurts, and more! The UC San Diego Center of Mindfulness brings to you a quick and easy snack that combines amazing flavors into a simple granola. A great way to test for doneness is to remove a small portion of the granola from the pan and set it on the counter. If it hardens as it cools the rest of the granola is done!
- 2 cups old-fashioned
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey (or maple syrup for vegan)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a large cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together oats, salt and cinnamon.
- In a microwave safe dish or on the stovetop, melt the peanut butter and honey (or maple syrup) together until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Spread mixture on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until granola is lightly browned, stirring the granola once gently half way through.
- Once cooled, break apart and eat!