Independence Day is around the corner, so you’ll want to start planning your holiday foods now. Make your July 4th festive by serving this colorful berry patriotic chia seed pudding. Chia seeds make for an amazing pudding, which is not only delicious and satisfying, but also so easy to prepare and can easily be made in advance! Chia seeds are an amazing superfood that contain high amounts of fiber, Omega 3 fats, vitamins A, B, E, and D, and multiple minerals. Berries, on the other hand, are packed with antioxidants and phytonutrients to keep your body healthy and happy, from the inside-out! Enjoy the quick and easy version of this recipe with all the berries on top, or for a special occasion, layer the berry compote with the chia seed pudding in a glass container and show off your artistic culinary skills!
- 6 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup fruit juice (white grape, apple or pear)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- In a bowl or Mason jar, mix together chia seeds, coconut milk, juice and vanilla.
- Once the chia pudding mixture is well combined, let it sit for 5 minutes, give it another stir/shake to break up any clumps of chia seeds, cover and put the mixture in the fridge to “set-up" for 1-2 hours.
- Place strawberries and raspberries in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour berry mixture at the bottom of your serving bowls or bowl.
- Place the chia seed pudding in an even layer on top of the berry blend.
- When ready to serve, top the pudding with blueberries and enjoy!