This sweet orange marinade for the tempeh will make it a dish every will love and an easy addition to any meal. What is tempeh you ask? Similar to tofu, tempeh is higher in nutrients like manganese, fiber, and vitamin B2. It is also less processed and made from soybeans. Feel free to serve with a grain and steamed greens for a macrobiotic meal or cut into cubes and toss with noodles and steamed veggies.
- 1 package tempeh, cut into thin slices
- Orange Marinade:
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- ¼ cup maple syrup or barley malt
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon brown rice or sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- Whisk together ingredients and place into an 8x8 baking dish.
- Marinate tempeh for more than an hour, turning occasionally.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 25 minutes. Flip once at halfway point.