Indulge your sweet tooth by whipping up a batch of these amazing plant-based, oil-free banana muffins. Dress them up a bit by adding a bit of your favorite nut butter on top, and perhaps a few banana slices! Serve them with a warm glass of non-dairy milk for a delicious dessert, snack, or breakfast treat.
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 dates, pits removed
- 2 cups whole-grain flour (e.g. oat, millet, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Food process or blend in a blender your dates, non-dairy milk, and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, mash up your 3 super ripe bananas, then pour in your date-milk-vanilla mixture. Whisk until smooth.
- Fold the wet mixture with the dry and stir until fully mixed.
- Line cupcake/muffin pan with unbleached liner.
- Using a tablespoon, measure out two heaping scoops of batter per cup/liner.
- Bake for 22-26 minutes or until golden brown and cooked in the middle.