Title(s): Associate Professor In Residence, Medicine
School: Vc-health Sciences-schools
Address: 9500 Gilman Drive # La Jolla CA 92093
Papers published based on research funded by KEF:
- Bustamante MF, Agustin-Perez M, Cedola F, Coras R, Narasimhan R, Golshan S, et al. Design of an anti-inflammatory diet (ITIS diet) for patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Contemp Clin Trials Commun. 2020; 17:100524.
- Banuls-Mirete M, Ogdie A, Guma M. Micronutrients: Essential Treatment for Inflammatory Arthritis? Curr Rheumatol Rep. 2020;22(12):87.
- Coras R, Murillo-Saich JD, Guma M. Circulating Pro- and Anti-Inflammatory Metabolites and Its Potential Role in Rheumatoid Arthritis Pathogenesis. Cells. 2020;9(4).
- Aksenov AA, Laponogov I, Zhang Z, Doran SLF, Belluomo I, Veselkov D, et al. Auto-deconvolution and molecular networking of gas chromatography-mass spectrometry data. Nat Biotechnol. 2020.
- Jarmusch AK, Wang M, Aceves CM, Advani RS, Aguirre S, Aksenov AA, et al. ReDU: a framework to find and reanalyze public mass spectrometry data. Nat Methods. 2020;17(9):901-4
- Reference data-based insights expand understanding of human metabolomes
- Clinical and Metabolomic-Microbiome Interactions in Rheumatoid Patients Exposed to an Anti-inflammatory Diet
Paper in preparation:
Oxylipins in Rheumatoid Patients Exposed to an Anti-inflammatory Diet
- Trial of Diet to Improve RA and Impact on the Microbiome. American College Rheumatology Annual Meeting 2021. Invited Lecture.
- Clinical and Biological Changes in Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients Exposed to an Anti- inflammatory Diet. Grand Rounds at Mount Sinai Rheumatology Division, NYC. 2022
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Improvement after Exposure to an Anti-Inflammatory “ITIS” Diet Is Associated with Changes of Gut Microbiome and Systemic Metabolome. American College Rheumatology Annual Meeting 2021.
- Clinical and Biological Changes in Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients Exposed to an Anti- inflammatory Diet. American College Rheumatology Annual Meeting 2020.
- Baseline Microbiome and Metabolome Predict Response to an Anti-inflammatory Diet in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis; NIH R01, scored but not funded in 2021. Resubmitted in Feb 2022.
- Impact of an anti-inflammatory diet on clinical and functional outcomes in osteoarthritis. VA merit grant, scored but not funded in 2021. Will resubmit in June 2022.