Workshop I: An Introduction to the Foundations of Mindfulness & Self Compassion and the Cultivation of Personal Practice
Lorraine M. Hobbs, M.A. and Lisa Shetler
This training will be offered online
Registration Opening Soon.
Mindfulness and Self-Compassion are the foundation for this training intensive. The program focuses on individual skill development through conceptual teachings, personal practice and integration of practice into the rhythms of daily living at work and at home. Learn more about the workshop.
Objectives for Workshop I:
- Participants will develop a personal practice that will foster emotional regulation, interoceptive body awareness, embodiment, empathy and psychological safety.
- Participants will utilize the Three Affect Regulation Systems Model in relation to themselves and teens they work with.
- Participants will be better able to integrate core mindfulness and self-compassion practices into daily life.
- Participants will be better able to relate to difficult emotions with greater moment to moment acceptance and meet difficult emotions with kindness and compassion.
- Participants will demonstrate an ability to motivate themselves with encouragement rather than self-criticism.
- Participants are able to explain their conceptual knowledge of mindfulness and self-compassion.
4/21 & 4/28: 1:00pm - 7:00pm (PT)
|$200 “Early-Bird Discount” if you register and pay in full on or before February 21, 2023||Early-Bird Rate On or Before February 21, 2023||On or After February 22, 2023|
|UC San Diego Faculty / Staff||$800||$1000|